Mr. Stevens' Portfolio

Live, Laugh, Learn

The Rise Of The Blog

As an individual who listens to podcasts and watches vlogs, I am flabbergasted that I have never thought to indulge myself in the world of blogging. I never thought to ponder the positives that could come from this platform.

As modern technology grants access to endless information, we look to incorporate inquiry-based learning in our classrooms and individual learning. When looking at the importance of sharing our findings as we discover them, blogging appears to be the obvious choice. Blogging can create a much more personal approach to learning as individuals from around the world can acquire knowledge directly from sources that have opinions to share.

Blogging does although open the door for “fake news” to influence consumers of information. This post, for instance, is being written by someone with no previous knowledge of blogging. It will, as always, be important to check multiple sources if looking to acquire information that claims to be factual.

I am excited to start this blogging journey, the website will take a little getting used to. By exploring this platform for myself I will be able to help myself, as well as readers, decide on where blogging fits into the modern classroom and at what levels of education?

Thank you!

The journey continues next week!

– Ari Stevens