Mr. Stevens' Portfolio

Live, Laugh, Learn

Music Blog #2

I have been doing one hour a week for practicing my instrument but have been wanting to do more. I am on track as far as my progression goes but have to clean up a few things.

My strumming is progressing and I am trying to get it to become second nature. The transition from one chord the next is going alright, I just find that sometimes I do not fully plant my finger on the chord.

I am also having a hard time keeping my ukulele tuned. The tuner I have on my phone is helpful but the ukulele still sounds rather awful. I am going to try strumming with a pick in the hopes this cleans up the sound a little. I am going to try to practice every day over the reading break and get a good feel for my instrument.

Listening to youtube tutorials have been most beneficial, hearing how the song sounds being played on a ukulele definitely makes it easier to understand the progression of the song. I worry that three songs may be too much but I think that I will decide if I want to renegotiate my learning plan after I make my progression video at the midterm point.

I expect that since all the songs use the same chords that I will be able to progress quickly and adapt from one song to the next. I also might need to reconsider the strumming patterns because they do not match all the songs that I have chosen. This was because I did not know the strumming pattern would vary from song to song.

Thanks again!

Ari Stevens