Mr. Stevens' Portfolio

Live, Laugh, Learn

Music Blog #5

With every new day, I become more and more aware of the fact that this year has become the most stressful I have experienced. I can’t help but look at the news updates and watch the number of people affected increase more and more. The COVID-19 pandemic is causing me to become stressed as I see more and more people become scared and anxiety-filled. I have been trying although to release my stress and concerns through different methods. I have been doing homework non-stop to keep myself distracted, working out to stay fit and healthy, but the thing that has helped the most is practicing my ukulele. I do bore when I play the same two songs on repeat but I see the progression in play. It is very southing to play the instrument. I have not yet acquired a kazoo but I have been developing better strumming ability. My transition to G is still improving but a little delayed. I am sticking to no pick as well. I do not know what else to say as of right now. my focus has been on the lesson plan that is coming up. I have been also focusing on other classes’ final assignments. I wish that we were back in the classroom with this virus not being apart of reality but I’m afraid this is not the case. I look to keep improving my transitions and tempo of the music.

On another note, my appreciation for music as increased tenfold as I have been occupying myself with exploring and finding new music. I have recently also found a fellow on youtube who uses the ukulele to play acoustic covers of rap music. Though it was interesting because he plays it more like a guitar than a ukulele.

Thanks Again,

Ari S.