Mr. Stevens' Portfolio

Live, Laugh, Learn

Music Blog #6

As I prepare to film my final growth evidence video I realize how much I have progressed over this semester! I do not think that I am very good at playing the ukulele but I plan on continuing practicing and hope to grow my ability and repertoire of songs. Learning songs that simply require the four chords of G, Am, F, and C makes learning any song very easy. The hardest chord is G but has become easier to do correctly. I think the most difficult part for me know is clean strumming. I have had just a hard time with consistent strumming as I just find the ukulele to be kind of small for me. I am using my pointing finger to strum but find that using this finger makes it very easy to miss the A4 (bottom) string. I also find that I strum hard because I want to keep up the tempo of the song.

I have had the opportunity to finally have a solid practice session with my sister! This was beneficial as she was able to help me stay engaged in a practice session for a solid amount of time. This was listed as one of the advantages I listed on the lesson plan I made at the beginning of the semester. This is something I wish I had used more throughout our time not in classes as I did not have the chance to practice with my peers.

I am concerned that I will be a little rough when playing my ukulele for the final check-in. I am excited to finish up this semester and to put my feet up and just play my ukulele for the heck of it. Thanks again for an awesome year!!!

Thank you!

Ari Stevens